Benet House Retreat Center
Benet House Retreat Center at St. Mary Monastery
- Lectio Divina: (virtual) Sacred reading of Scripture, poetry, nature, and art: Through contemplative reading, listening, and seeing, we can learn to recognize the Divine Presence in all things. Retreat Leader: Linda Clewell, SMM Oblate. Tuesdays: Apr. 5, 12, 19 and 26; 9-10 am; Fee: Free will offering.
- Henri Nouwen Reading Group: (virtual) If you find Henri Nouwen’s books help strengthen your Christian faith and draw closer to the heart of God, you are not alone! Materials from the Henri Nouwen Society will be used to enhance our reading. We are committed to reading all Henri’s books. 1st Tuesday each month. Next session: April 5; 1:30-3 pm; Leader: Sr. Bobbi Bussan, OSB. Fee: $15/session; purchase own book.
- Centering Prayer: Leader: Linda Clewell, SMM Oblate. Wednesdays: Apr. 6, 13, 20 and 27; 1-2 pm; Free will offering.
- Break-a-way: Day of Prayer and Quiet: (onsite-Benet House) Take time out from your busy! Join the Benedictine Sisters on their monthly Quiet Prayer Day with a day at Benet House. April reflection theme is ‘Incarnation Changes Everything’. Wed. Apr. 6; 9 am-Opening Reflection; 3:30-Closing Prayer (Optional). Retreat Leaders: Benet House Staff. Fee: Free will offering. Bring own lunch.
- Storytending: Cultivating a Life of Compassion for Self and Others: (virtual and onsite-Benet House) While none of us can rewite our life’s history, we can re-author the stories we tell about our lives. Recreating the stories we tell about our lives has vast implications.
This retreat is designed for all those who yearn to discern where life-giving meaning can be found in stories-both others’ and our own. Our time together will be devoted to periods of prayerful introspection, personal writing, and deep listening in small groups.
Retreat Leader: Diane Millis, PhD, an educator, spiritual director, retreat facilitator, inspirational speaker, and author of three books. Date: Sat. Apr. 9; Time: 9 am-4 pm; (CT); Fee: $90/virtual or $115 onsite (includes snack, lunch, and beverages.
- The Word Among Us: (onsite-Benet House) Apr. 11 and 25; 1-2:30 pm; Retreat Leaders: Sr. Charlotte Sonneville, OSB and Sr. Mary Schmidt, OSB. Fee: $50 series. Participants order own subscription to Word Among Us Publication.
- The Psalms: Prayers for All Life’s Experiences: (virtual) The Book of Psalms is the heart of Benedictine prayer. The Psalms express a variety of life experience’s including pain, anguish, joy, and praise. Retreat Leader: Sr. Bobbi Bussan, OSB. 2nd Thursday of each month. Next session: Apr. 14; 9:30-11 am; Fee: $15 session.
- Thomas Merton Group: (virtual) Join Sister Bobbi and others in learning more about Merton’s life and writings. Retreat Leader: Sister Bobbi Bussan, OSB. 3rd Mondays. Next Session: Apr. 18, 6:30-8:30 pm; $15 session. Books may be an additional cost.
- Spirituality and Poetry: (virtual) Looking for ways to enrich your spirit with writing poetry? All skill levels are welcome to join in the monthly ‘mini-retreat’ focused on connecting with the Divine through poetry. Lisa will facilitate your learning poetry, enhancing your skills or learning to write poetry for the first time. Prayer and poetry are rich companions for Seeking God and a beautiful way to deepen your love of God. Retreat Leader: Lisa Breger. 3rd Thursday each month. Next session: Thurs. Apr. 21, 9-11 am; Fee: $25.
- Wisdom Women Series: (virtual) Rejoice in and Discover Our Wisdom: Join this new group! We will nurture our Wisdom by reflecting on and discussing Wisdom in Scripture; Wisdom Women in the Bible and throughout history; Wisdom Women today and our Wisdom. Articles, books, videos, and music will inspire our discussion. 3rd Thursday each month. Next session: Thurs. Apr. 21, 11-12:30 pm; Leader: Sr. Bobbi Bussan, OSB. Fee: Whatever donation you would like to make.
For more information and pricing:
Sr. Jackie Walsh, OSB