To receive Illinois income tax credit for donating scholarship money you must have a MyTax Illinois account. The process can take up to 2 weeks. Start now so you can be ready to apply for tax credit in January. If you need support call 800-732-8866 or email Rev.MyTaxHelp@Illinois.gov You will need your social security number and Illinois driverâ€™s license number.
Step 1 Request a â€œLetter IDâ€ to be mailed to you.
- Navigate mytax.illinois.gov
- Click Individuals button
- Click Request a Letter ID link; complete form; Letter ID will be mailed to address on your last IL tax return.
Step 2 Register For your MyTax Account
- Navigate to mytax.illinois.gov, Click Sign Up Now! button.
- Select SSN radio button, Enter Social Security number in SSN box, press Tab button
- Complete form
Step 3 Confirm account
- Open email from MyTax Illinois
- Click on link
- Logon to account
You will now be able to apply for your tax credit starting in January. If you need support call 800-732-8866 or email Rev.MyTaxHelp@Illinois.gov